In public safety
Urban societies need communications to maintain essential services, even during emergencies. Citizens demand safety and security, which can only be delivered by efficient public agencies with access to reliable and secure group (one-to-many) communication.
Analog professional mobile radio (PMR) systems cannot protect against eavesdropping and offer limited voice quality. Commercial services such as GSM can collapse in a crisis as everybody tries to call their loved ones.
Digital PMR is the solution.
Beyond public safety
From public transport operators to utility companies, many professional organizations understand that reliable group communication is essential for smooth operations.
In today's tough, competitive environment, no one can afford to live with the extra costs and damaged reputation that poor communication leads to, whether they're running an airport or supplying electricity.
Learn more about TETRAPOL networks from Airbus
TETRAPOL is built for professionals
- TETRAPOL is a digital, purpose-built PMR technology for mission-critical public safety users. It also meets the needs of other professionals who require reliable group communication in their daily work.
- TETRAPOL provides clear voice communication, complemented by data services.
- TETRAPOL communication is encrypted to prevent eavesdropping.
- TETRAPOL has a robust air interface based on Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) radio access and GSMK modulation.
- More coverage with fewer sites means that TETRAPOL requires a lower initial investment and has lower operating costs.
- TETRAPOL is based on 12.5 kHz carrier spacing, which makes migration from analog systems to digital TETRAPOL straightforward. But also 10 kHz carrier spacing is available.
- In addition to traditional cell-based coverage, TETRAPOL also supports simulcast configurations, in which adjacent cells share the same frequency to provide macro-cells for wide area coverage with fewer frequency channels and with better indoor coverage in urban areas.
- Virtual private networks (VPNs) maintain the privacy of each agency on a shared network but enable controlled cross-agency communication.
- With 40 networks in around 15 countries TETRAPOL is proven around the world.